Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Shine - Mixed Media Canvas

Merry Christmas everyone!  I hope this finds you nice and warm.  Yesterday was a bit of a struggle for me so I got into the studio to relieve some stress.  Being creative is the best medicine in the whole world, don't you think?  Well it is for me and my soul was in need of it.  Don't get me wrong, we're all good here but sometimes (certain times of the month) I'm a bit of a mess over things that don't even matter.  Hopefully you can relate, lol.  Anyway, enough venting right!  I pulled out an old canvas that I never finished.  This one has been sitting here for months.  I had a vision for it but it didn't work out so I benched it.  So whenever I need to relieve some creative steam, the unfinished pieces are the ones I reach for and this is what I came up with:


This is an 8x10 canvas that I applied a layer of crackle paste to and then debossed into.  It was an experiment and it didn't really turn out like I thought it would so that's why I never finished it. I framed the edges using 3-D enamels, love that stuff.


Since I was feeling a bit down, I started researching angels and I found this beautiful image of a child angel.  I began sketching with the little girl in mind but of course it was my character that appeared.  It's funny how we all have different women that always appear in our artwork.  I may change the hair and eye color but they all have the same characteristics.


All of my canvases tell a story of what I'm going through and this one is no different but I'll keep it to myself so you can find your own meaning.


We all have something we're passionate about, a fire that burn inside but sometimes we need a little encouragement to let it out: I know that your's will Shine so brilliant it will be blinding.  I didn't plan on this quote but if found me as I dug through me stash and just seemed so perfect.


This piece is a mixed of crackle paste, acrylic paints, sketching, stamping, markers, pens and rubons.


It's loaded with rich texture and beautiful layers.


Thank you so much for joining me today and don't forget to let you light SHINE bright for the world to see.

HUGZ and Blessings to you all <3

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...