Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bloom Where You're Planted

Hi everyone!!  I'm finally ready to share my latest canvas with you.  I've been working on this piece a little here and a little there since New Years.  

My inspiration for this piece was this art journal page:

I really loved the bright colors and whimsical flowers so I wanted to recreated them on a canvas.  So with a very loose idea of what I wanted, I began to play.


This is a 12x12 canvas that I painted blue and green.  Then I went to town doodling my flowers.  I added my usual 3-D enamel flourishes because no piece would be complete without them, lol.

Then I just started painting the flowers and layering colors.  I loosely doodled in and around the petals in between each layer of paint until I was happy.

I debated whether or not to add the sentiment and in the end just decided to go for it since it's what inspired me in the first place.

I pretty pleased with it!  I love the bright color and fun shapes.  So there you have it, my 1st official canvas of 2014!!!  Thanks so much for joining me today and have a beautiful day!!


  1. Absolutely lovely, Norma! I am always so amazed and inspired by your pieces. I love how you incorporate positive messages into your work!!

  2. What a beautiful canvas, Norma. I love anything with flowers, and your art is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing your creativity and inspiration with all of us.


  3. this is just soooo beautiful. love the colors and the flowers are just so awesome


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...