Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Blessed - Mixed Media Collage


Hello sweet bloggie friends!  I'm back today with a new mixed media collage.  I'm giving my beautiful girls a bit of a rest so I created this cute little scene.


This is a 12x24", 1.5" deep canvas.  I covered the entire piece with newspaper print wrapping paper from Target's dollar section.  Then I added fluid acrylics to create the sky and grass.


I dug into the scraps of papers that I've hoarding saving for the houses.


I added fluid acrylics and Faber-Castell Big Brush markers to create depth.


I doodled windows, doors and trims.  I also stamped here and there.


I kept thinking "it takes a village" when I was working on this piece.  That's why I created a whole neighborhood but then I stamped "Blessed" and it changed directions a bit.  Now each of the houses represents a blessing like: love, family and happiness.


So there you have it, a row of blessed little houses. Thank you so much for spending a piece of your day with me.  Have a blessed day!!

Hugs, N.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow - that is stunning. Fabulous colours and love the added sentiments! TFS and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...