Thursday, March 26, 2015

Free Bird - Mixed Media Hippie Art


Hi everyone!   I have a fun new piece to share with you that I just completed today.


I'm calling it "Free Bird".  (Let's see how many of you get it.) This is just a really fun canvas don't you think?!


For this canvas I set out to just play.  The base colors are new ones that I just bought and wanted to try out.  If you follow me on FB then you saw them.  They were a crimson and navy blue color.


I treated this canvas like an art journal page and just started to doodle.  I did my favorite tangle/mandala flowers and then added beautiful vibrant colors.


I really wanted this piece to be free.  Does that make sense?  You know, very organic.  At one point I thought, "what the heck am I doing, this is a hot mess" but I just kept at it til it made me happy.  I think that's really important when creating.  You have to trust yourself enough to let go and follow your instincts.  Especially when you think you've made a mistake or ruined your piece.


In the end it came together perfectly.  I love the vibrant colors, doodles and birds.  It totally reflects my mood when I started :D  I hope you love this one as much as I do!  I'll be adding the original and prints to Etsy soon so please keep an eye out for that.  Thank you for stopping by and have a beautiful day!!

You can find the original HERE and the print HERE

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Norma!! I love it, it's very bright and boho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma this is awesome...superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, unique and fabulous colours! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...